Wednesday 16 December 2015

Feeling Festive // Christmas Centre Piece

9 sleeps to go! 

Every year my Mum makes her own centre piece to go on the table on Christmas Day. It always looks so lovely so I thought this year I would give it a go too! I picked up the cutest little robin from a local garden centre along with some oasis. I then ventured off to my grandparents house to attack their holly tree. 


Unfortunately, this year there wasn't many berries on them & any that did have a few on fell off! Once I had gathered my holly clippings & soaked the oasis in water, I was ready to begin. I chose to arrange mine in a cute polka dot tin jug (borrowed from my Gran!) but you could use anything you prefer. I cut down the stems to the right length & pulled off any unwanted holly before pushing them into the oasis & arranging in the jug. 

Please Note: Holly leaves are prickly & can really bloody hurt! 


I was really pleased with how it turned out, although it took me a little while to get it looking the way I wanted. The robin is perfect & adds a lovely bit of colour too! It's definitely something to take your time on!


What do you think? Will you be making your own festive centre piece this year? 

♥ 
ZoFlo

1 comment: