Wednesday 30 March 2016

101 Things in 1001 Days #80

Create or go on a scavenger/treasure hunt

Over the Easter Weekend, myself & Nick decided to go Geocaching!! I had heard of it a few weeks ago but hadn't had the time to properly research it so didn't fully understand what it was all about. So over the weekend I downloaded the app & we decided on the best area to go so we could walk a route.


If you haven't heard of it before, you basically look for small capsules that are hidden in the outdoors - on gate posts, signposts, under bushes, in tree stumps! These are marked on a map on the app & you can also ask for a hint if you're struggling to find it. Once you find it, you open the capsule, log your name & the date you found it on the bit of paper inside then put it back exactly where you found it for the next people to find! You can also log it on the app too. 

The app shows you where to find the capsules

There are different size capsules, some with small items in which you can move around - but that all gets a bit technical & we are new to the party so just stuck to writing out names. There are literally thousands all over the place & the app it's totally free. It's a really good way to encourage people to get outside. You can pay for the premium version, which allows you to find the more challenging ones - I am seriously considering doing this!


I am not sure if it is cheating my ticking this one off my list as it isn't really a scavenger/treasure hunt but it's a very similar idea & a brilliant way to satisfy your inner nerd! Have you ever been Geocaching before? 

♥  
ZoFlo

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god this looks like so much fun (...and apparently it is judging by that photo of Nick!!). Me and my boyfriend always go on long walks - admittedly to the pub normally ha ha - and this would make them so much funner! Plus that competitive streak in me could shiiiine!

    I am downloading the app as we speak. Thank YOU. This post is effin' FABULOUS.

    Katie.
    xx La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! It is so much fun & we did get quite competitive with it too! Hope you love it as much as we do :) xx

      Delete