Wednesday 9 December 2015

Feeling Festive // Homemade Advent Calendar


Happy Wednesday! 

Every Christmas I always decide I want to make my own advent calendar but I'm usually too late or never get around to doing it. So this year I made sure I was prepared - well kind of! I purchased the wooden tree from Hobbycraft back in November, which was £15. Not bad considering you can use it as many times as you like. I knew I wanted to paint the tree & decoupage the drawers but wasn't sure what colours to go with. I opted for a blue, white & red Christmassy Deco Maché paper, which I cannot for the life of me find the paper I used on the Hobbycraft website! I went for stripes with the paper as I tried randomly sticking the paper on & it didn't really work.




I settled on using Farrow & Ball Green Blue paint (No. 84) - mainly because I already had a small pot of it at home & was dying to use it for something! When I had finished painting it I was surprised with how lovely the colour was - it actually matched the decoupage paper really well too! I finished it with a little wooden heart shaped card topper that says "Merry Christmas". Very cute. I am really pleased with the way it looks - it sits on the sideboard in our lounge so everyone who visits can see it! I have had lots of lovely comments from friends/family. The only thing missing are the numbers. Hobbycraft had sold out & I couldn't find anything I really liked elsewhere. We have decided to open them top to bottom instead of using numbers - maybe I'll add them on in time for next Christmas...!



Have you made your own advent calendar this year?


ZoFlo

No comments:

Post a Comment