Monday 5 May 2014

Crafty Haul #1

As I am still revising for my final exam, I thought I would do a short post this week about some recent little crafty purchases I have made. 

After browsing my local Buying & Selling page on Facebook, I came across two bedside cabinets. Those Facebook pages are perfect for finding little household gems if you're prepared to do a little work to improve them. These two were just £20 for the pair, which I plan to upcycle - a project I will definitely be blogging about so sit tight crafters! I already have a plan in mind but if you have any ideas with what I could do with them please let me know :)

Next up is a colourful little addition to my Sewing Box. I have absolutely no reason as to why I purchased these wooden buttons, other than the fact that they were super cute. I also ordered them in a heart shape but they are yet to arrive. I have some kind of addiction to beautiful buttons! These were just £1.40 for 25 buttons on Amazon. Some people wouldn't think to go there but definitely check out Amazon for some crafty bargains!


Another Amazon treasure I ordered recently were these wooden Scrabble letters. I keep seeing so much Scrabble Art - on Pinterest, of course - and it has inspired me to give it a go for myself. I think it will be a great way to personalise your home or it will make a lovely gift for someone else. I wanted to be sure that they were good quality before ordering, which the reviews confirmed they were so at £12.49 for 100 tiles I think these will be perfect. Have you ever done any Scrabble Art?


Finally, I found this lovely Christmas Ribbon at my local Garden Centre. I know what you are all thinking - Christmas Ribbon in May?!! But I can definitely justify this purchase...as well as being cute, it was only 50p for 3 meters and I promise you the price of Christmas Ribbon (and other Christmassy themed items) will rocket come November / December time. I like to think I am just being well prepared for when the Festive Season sneaks up on us all.


Bit of a mixture of items for my first crafty haul, what do you all think? Let me know if you have picked up any little gems recently :)

 
ZoFlo

No comments:

Post a Comment