Tuesday 19 May 2015

#CraftBlogClub // Spring Clean Gift Swap

Back in December, I took part in the Craft Blog Club Secret Santa. It was so much fun. I love making things for others & it is always exciting to recieve a parcel in the post too! So when it was announced that Craft Blog Club would be running a Spring Clean Gift Swap, I obviously wanted to get involved. The idea is that everyones names get pulled out of a hat & you are each given a name (just like Secret Santa). However as it is a "Spring Clean", you are only allowed to create something using materials that you already have lying around. This was perfect for me as I have plenty of different fabrics laying around. I had to make for Gill from The Little Soap Kitchen (click here to visit her website). After much planning, I decided to make a small pillow with an Owl on (of course)! I used some left over cream cotton fabric for the case itself along with some red felt & floral cotton for the owl. I used buttons for the eyes and attached a wooden heart with my trusty glue gun! I was so pleased with how it turned out & thought it looked really cute. Fingers crossed Gill likes it too!


 I'm not sure if it was meant to be a straight swap or if it was coincidental, but I recieved a gift from Gill too! Due to our post man never actually arriving in the morning - what is with that? I remember when we use to get post at like 8am - I had to wait a few days before I could get to the sorting office to collect it. The suspense was killing me! Gill made me the cutest litte bag & it's reversable too. It also has a little Owl on both sides as well! I love it! She also sent me a box of soaps to try out too! They are so beautiful & smell amazing - I can't wait to try them out!


 Thank you so much Gill for my gifts! I love them! & thank you Craft Blog Club for setting up another great gift swap - I can't wait for the next one...

 
ZoFlo

No comments:

Post a Comment