Sunday 28 June 2015

101 Things in 1001 Days #26

Win Something - Competition, the lottery, an award etc

Lets be realistic here, I was never going to win the lottery was I - mainly because I usually forget to buy a ticket each week - what was I thinking when I wrote these? But I did, however, win a competition - Yay to myself! I literally never win anything. And the best part is I was chosen to win, not picked at random, which makes it even more exciting!

The story begins wayyy back at the beginning of May when I was browsing Instagram & BeakUpCrafts posted about the Sykes Cottages Simple Crafts Competition, which she was helping to judge. I immediately headed over to her blog to see what it was all about as there was talk of winning a £100 Craft Bundle! To enter, all you had to do was share a photo of a craft you had done on the Sykes Cottages Competition Page. I chose to share the photo of my Bedside Cabinets I made last summer as I was really pleased with how they turned out & it was my first furniture upcycling project too. I didn't for one minute think I would be chosen as one of the winners so when I recieved an email to say I had won, I was so surprised. I couldn't wait for my Craft Bundle to arrive in the post. So I am sure you are all eager to see what was included in my Craft Bundle. Here we go...


Kirsty Allsop Goodies! 

Fabric Covered Notebook Kit
Rose Bath Bomb Kit 
Button Kit
Cosmetic Bag Kit
Themed Card Pack


Hobbycraft Goodies!

Decoupage Starter Kit
Patchwork Cushion Cover 


A Year in Crafts Book


I am still surprised that I was one of the lucky 6 to be chosen to win & am so grateful to have received such a lovely prize, so thank you to Sykes Cottages & all of the judges involved! I haven't had much time to properly sit down & look at everything but the minute I am back from Glastonbury Festival I will definitely be getting everything out to play with - which will obviously lead to a review on each one too! I am most intrigued by the Button Kit. Do you have any of these kits? If you have, please let me know. Would be great to see what you made too! And if you won the competition too, let me know :)
 
ZoFlo

No comments:

Post a Comment