Thursday 11 June 2015

101 Things in 1001 Days #62

Go to the Cinema

As we have an extensive DVD collection, Netflix, Sky Movies & at one point even LoveFilm, there really isn't any need for us to go to the Cinema very often. Especially as the Cinema seems to cost a small fortune these days. And don't even get me started on the cost of Pic N Mix! Well anyway, as I got my car insurance through Compare The Market, I qualified for Meerkat Movies - aka buy one get one free on Tuesdays & Wednesdays (I would highly recommend using this if you qualify for it). So myself & Nick decided to have a little "Date Night" last week & go for dinner followed by the Cinema. We both have really different taste in movies - Nicks favourite films tend to be anythnig that involves Aliens or Arnold Schwarzenegger. With my favourite films being Never Been Kissed & He's Just Not That Into You, understandable we find it difficult to agree on a movie. However....when we saw the trailer for San Andreas we both immediately wanted to see it. Disaster Movies are the only things we both enjoy (we did watch Bridesmaids the other day though & Nick loved it).


Image taken from Google Images

 I think some films are well worth watching in the cinema & this was definitely one of them. Based around an Earthquake in California, a rescue chopper pilot (Dwayne Johnson) is on a mission to save his daughter who is caught up in the disaster. Although in some places it's a little far fetched it is still a fantastic film, with a great storyline. There are lots of nail biting scenes that had me on the edge of my seat at times & even a small appearance from Kylie Minogue. It is definitely one I would recommend if you are thinking about going to see it. And I would definitely watch it again if it were to come on Netflix/Sky Movies. Have you seen any good movies at the cinema recently? Anything you would recommend?

 
ZoFlo

No comments:

Post a Comment