Sunday 14 June 2015

Sunday Baking // 101 Things in 1001 Days #97

Learn to bake Lemon & Poppyseed Muffins

These are my absolute favourites & I have never made them before (I'm not sure why)! I really wanted to make ones with Lemon Curd in the middle - like the ones in Costa - so I used a Lemon Curd Muffin Recipe but made a few adaptations. I was actually really pleased with how they turned out & will definitely be making them again. This is how I made these little lemony treats...

  • 200g Self-Raising Flour
  • 100g Caster Sugar
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 75ml Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil
  • 150ml Milk
  • 1 Lemon
  • Poppy Seeds
  • 12 Tsp Lemon Curd


  1. Heat the oven to 190°C and line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases
  2. Sieve the Flour into a bowl & mix in the Sugar
  3. In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix the Egg, Olive Oil & Milk together.
  4. Slowly add this mixture to the Flour & Sugar, stirring well to ensure the wet & dry mixtured as thoroughly mixed together.
  5. Add in the zest & juice of one lemon & the Poppy Seeds (you can you as many as you like, but you really don't need too many at all).
  6. Half fill the paper cases with the mixture & then add 1tsp of lemon curd to the middle of each muffin. Use the remaining mixture to fill up the paper cases.
  7. Carefully place into the preheated oven, being sure that you don't slam the oven door. Bake for 15-20 minutes until rises & firm (I couldn't really get mine to go golden brown like usual cakes, but I can assure you they are definitely cooked enough)


Let me know if you give this recipe a go, I would love to see how yours turn out. They are so yummy & easy to make too. I can't believe I haven't attempted these ones sooner! And it's another thing ticked off my 101 Things...

 
ZoFlo

No comments:

Post a Comment