Friday 31 January 2014

Friday Favourites #12

For a while now, I have had a growing obsession with Matte Nails - which is made clear on my Pinterest! This all began when my sister (who is a Beauty Therapist) informed me that she had a new OPI Topcoat that creates a Matte look on your nails. So as I was home last week, I got my nails done (Yay!). I actually had Gel overlays (as these last about three weeks and don't chip like standard nail varnish) but the Matte Topcoat works on Gels too! Horaaayy! It dries instantly as well, so there was no need for me to sit around waiting for them to dry. I opted for Big Red Apple and I am really pleased with them - what do you think of Matte Nails?
As I was back in the lovely Somerset last week, I decided it was only right to go for a walk to enjoy the countryside. It sounds quite old fashioned, but I love walking. It's such a lovely way to clear your head and forget all the stresses of every day life. I always use to go walking with my Family when I was growing up too, so perhaps this is why I enjoy it too! And I'm pretty sure it is one of the most effective ways of exercising...maybe? Anyway, last weekend Nick chose to take me to Cadbury Castle - FYI there is no Castle at all which as you can imagine is quite disappointing when you are expecting to see Castle ruins or something! It is where there use to be a Castle...I think they need to consider changing the name. But anyway, after the initial disappointment, it was actually a really lovely walk and we got some great photos (this makes us sound like such an old couple - how embarressing). 


Bit old school, but this week I am loving Ed Sheerans Album "+". I have done a massive clear out of my iTunes and as well as deleting a whole load of shocking music (who is DJ Ear Worm please?) I also discovered some forgotten gems! I loved this album when it was first released and listening to it again has just reminded me how truely talented Ed Sheeran is. Along with his album, I also discovered some beautiful covers too - there really is nothing this guy cannot do!


Sam Smith is my last Friday Favourite this week. I had heard of Sam Smith before (he featured on Disclosures song Latch & Naughty Boys La La La), so he wasn't completely new to me. I believe critics have also been saying he is going to be a big deal this year, so watch this space. I first heard this particular song when my 2 year old neice started singing it...apparently it's her favourite song at the moment (fingers crossed she takes after her Aunty ZoZo and is a lover of music!). My sister told me to YouTube it and I was really impressed. Having only heard his voice featuring on songs before, I wasn't sure what to expect but I have been listening to this song constantly and can't get it out of my head. What do you think?



Have you discovered any good artists / bands recently? Let me know in the comments box below, I love hearing from you all.
 
ZoFlo

2 comments:

  1. Sam Smith has a great voice and his new song is really catchy! x

    I've nominated for you for a Liebster Award! Take a look at my latest post for details!

    http://alongcamekelly.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, thank you so much! I really appreciate it, glad that you are enjoying my blog :) xx

      Delete