Sunday 22 February 2015

Singer Brilliance 6160 Sewing Machine // Review

So last year for my birthday, Nick got me the bestest present ever - the Singer Brilliance 6160 Sewing Machine! I wanted a new Sewing Machine for a while & (luckily for Nick) I am completely in love with this one. I thought I would do a little review for you all just incase anyone was looking to get one too.

This has been described as a sewing machine that is great for both beginners and experienced sewers. I would say I fall slap bang in the middle - I'm not totally clueless when it comes to sewing but I am not a sewing queen....so it's perfect for me. It's simple to use but will be sufficient for more complex projects too. The biggest difference between this one and my old machine is obviously the LCD Screen and the electronic settings. There are 60 different stitches available at the touch of a button! I haven't used them all yet, but I am slowly working my way through them. I found it a little daunting to begin with, but it is so easy & the instructions that come with it are really simple to follow. My projects have ranged from small felt projects to sewing thicker, upholstery fabric for my upholstery project. It works great with all types of material (that I have used so far) & I haven't had any problems at all.


One feature that I love, which my old sewing machine didn't have, is the thread cutter on the left of the machine. I always remember the machines I used at School/College had this, so when I got my old sewing machine I would always try &a cut my thread using the non-existing thread cutter - it was so annoying. So it is such a dream to have one now. I no longer have to scramble around looking for my scissors under mounds of material - horrraay! Another amazing feature is the needle threader! I have never come across this before. I believe you can take this off, which I did consider doing when I first got it as I wasn't sure why I would need it. But my goodness it's so great. You dont have to keep snipping the end of your thread to be able to thread it - just use the needle threader. I feel like this machine is making me lazy. There is also a handy little storage pot that slides off the machine, perfect for storing your sewing machine accessories.

So basically, if you hadn't already guessed, I love this Sewing Machine. It's a dream to sew with & has lots of clever little features. It is great for all types of projects whether you are just starting out or are more experienced. I think it is actually a little cheaper in Hobbycraft now too. Although I would only recommend it if you are serious about sewing & will get plenty of use out of it as it is still a little pricey compared to other, more basic machines. I hope you have found this review helpful. What Sewing Machine do you have? Let me know in the comments box below.

 
ZoFlo

P.S. You can now like my page on Facebook - exciting things will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment